Users buy a Nexus 5 because it comes with stock Android Lollipop that many people love and admire. Over the past years, Android has become unique and very different to other mobile operating systems. The best example is Lollipop.
Lollipop introduces a new UI language called Material Design. Material Design has successfully completed Google’s mission to give Android a fresh new look. If you love your Nexus 5 and Android 5.0 Lollipop OS version that it comes with, then you would be surprised if we told you that you can install the entire iPhone, iPad and iPod Emoji pack on it.
Yes, even though you might love the Nexus 5 with Android 5.0 Lollipop and Material Design, it wouldn’t hurt if you installed the full iOS Emoji pack on your phone to enjoy all the icons that Apple devices come with.
Android 4.4 KitKat brought support for Emoji packs on the stock keyboard and Lollipop improved them even more. But no matter how good they look, they simply cannot be compared to iOS 8 Emoji for the simple fact that they have been available for years now and everyone is used seeing those kinds of Emoji.
If you like or love iOS 8 Emoji, then you can easily download the icon pack and install it on your LG Nexus 5 which can be running on Android 4.4 KitKat or 5.0 Lollipop.
The installation process is a piece of cake. You only need to have a Nexus 5, a custom recovery installed and the Emoji pack.
How to install iOS 8 Emoji Pack on Nexus 5
The installation process
- Before anything, download the zip file on the link above and move it to your phone’s internal memory.
- Once you have done that, turn the phone off by pressing the Power button.
- Then it is time to go to Recovery Mode. To do so, press the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time. This will put your phone into Bootloader mode. Press the Volume Down button two times to go to Recovery Mode.
- There, wipe cache just for safety reasons.
- Go to Install, choose the zip file and swipe the slider at the bottom.
Now reboot your phone. The stock Emoji pack is now replaced with the new iOS 8 pack and you can use them with every messaging app.