Xiaomi has officially released MIUI 7 ROM for its flagship devices. It is a major upgrade over the old MIUI 6. It comes with more options, new features, applications and enhanced performance. Besides Xiaomi phones, Nexus devices are also lucky to receive a working build of MIUI 7.
Thanks to the MIUI community, you can install a fully working MIUI 7 ROM on your Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. MIUI is known to have a similar user interface to iOS. If you have ever used an iPhone before, you will be familiar with MIUI 7.
MIUI 7 is available on the older Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. There are no words about Google’s current flagship phone, Nexus 6. We don’t know when the Nexus 6 will receive a working MIUI 7 ROM.
How To Install MIUI 7 ROM on Nexus 5, 4 & Galaxy Nexus
- Download MIUI 7 ROM zip file. If you downloaded it on your computer, connect your phone to the PC and transfer the ROM to the internal storage of the phone.
- Install a custom recovery. Read how to install TWRP on Nexus 5.
- Turn off the phone and boot into recovery mode using the usual button combination. Press power, volume down and up keys at the same time to boot into Fastboot or Bootloader mode. Use the volume buttons to select recovery and then press the power button.
- Once you boot into recovery, wipe data and perform a factory reset.
- Click “Install” and select MIUI 7 zip ROM.
The ROM will be installed on your phone. Then restart your phone and wait for it to boot. Enjoy MIUI 7 on your Galaxy Nexus 5, Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus.