Developers have created a custom ROM based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Nexus 6. It is faster, better and comes with extra features compared to the stock Marshmallow firmware. It includes various mods such as battery percentage, center clock and debloated firmware.
The Nexus 6 was the first device among the Nexus line to receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update through OTA and officially released factory images. The stock Marshmallow firmware for the Nexus 6 is not bad. It is fast and features the stock pure Android experience. But a custom ROM is always better because it is the stock Marshmallow firmware but enhanced.
The latest ROM for the Nexus 6 is called Roasted Marshmallow and it is based on Android 6.0. It is a customized version of the official stock image and comes with different features. It has battery percentage, center clock on the status bar, no forced encryption, R/W access to /system partition (root access), removed unnecessary system apps which can be downloaded from the Play Store, ADB enabled, tethering enabled, odexed, enabled multi window and more.
How to install Nexus 6 Marshmallow ROM
- Marshmallow ROM | Roasted_Marshmallow_v1.0_MRA58K.zip |Download
- SuperSU | BETA-SuperSU-v2.50.zip | Download
- Download Roasted Marshmallow ROM and SuperSU zip file and move them to your phone’s internal storage.
- Turn the phone off and boot into TWRP recovery. If you don’t have a custom recovery, check this guide how to install TWRP on Nexus 6.
- Press volume down and power buttons to boot into fastboot mode. Use the volume buttons to highlight recovery and press the power button to select it.
- Optionally, you can perform a Nandroid backup.
- In TWRP, wipe cache and perform a full factory reset.
- Go to Install and find the Roasted Marshmallow zip file. Select it to flash.
- Wait for the ROM to flash. Then select the SuperSU file and flash it.
Reboot your phone. Enjoy improved and rooted Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on your Nexus 6.