OnePlus One is one of the lucky devices to receive a fully working Android 6.0 Marshmallow AOSP ROM. Since the release of Marshmallow factory images by Google a few days ago, everyone has been on the work, testing and creating Marshmallow ROMs for their devices.
The OnePlus One is a popular device with huge developer support, so it is one of the first phones to get a working Marshmallow ROM. It will take a while for OnePlus to update the One to official Marshmallow through OxygenOS or HydrogenOS, so a custom ROM is the best idea if you want to enjoy Marshmallow on your OnePlus One right now.
The installation is process. If you have installed a ROM on your OnePlus One before, you will know how to install a Marshmallow ROM as well. You need a custom recovery where TWRP is preferred, the Marshmallow ROM and Android 6.0 Gapps. If you have all of these, you are ready to install the ROM. If not, do not worry. You can find everything you need below.
How to flash AOSP Marshmallow ROM on OnePlus One
- AOSP Marshmallow ROM | Link will be posted as soon as the developer releases the ROM.
- Android 6.0 Gapps | Download
- TWRP Recovery | Install
- Download the AOSP Marshmallow ROM on your phone as well as Android 6.0 Gapps.
- Turn the phone off and boot into TWRP recovery (power and volume down keys).
- In recovery, go to Backup and perform a full Nandroid backup.
- Go back and wipe data, cache and perform a full factory reset. This will ensure a clean install of the ROM.
- Go to Install, navigate to folder where the AOSP ROM is and select it. Swipe to flash the ROM.
- Once the ROM is installed, select Android 6.0 Gapps file and flash it as well.
Now reboot your phone. Since you did a clean install of the ROM, the first boot might take a few minutes. Once the phone is booted up, you can enjoy the Marshmallow AOSP experience on your OnePlus One.