The OnePlus One makes the list of officially supported devices by Cyanogen. When it comes to custom ROMs, CyanogenMod is the undisputed king with support for hundreds of devices, flagships and low-end handsets. At first glance, CyanogenMod might not look that different from stock Android. The user interface, launcher and everything is the same. However, there are more options to customize and the performance is better.
After CyanogenMod 12 and 12.1, the OnePlus One can now enjoy an official CM13 build by CyanogenMod. The build is considered nightly so it is more stable than a Beta or Alpha build but still not stable. However, if you don’t mind casual bugs, you can use the ROM as a daily driver.
CyanogenMod 13 is the latest version of CM13 and it is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It aims to improve the stock performance by adding features and options. And now you can install it on your OnePlus One.
How To Install CyanogenMod 13 on OnePlus One
To flash CM13 on your OnePlus One, you need to download the CyanogenMod 13 ROM file. You also need to download Marshmallow Gapps. You also need a custom recovery to flash the ROM and Google Apps. If you don’t have a recovery, here’s how to install TWRP.
1. Download CyanogenMod 13 ROM and Marshmallow Google Apps from the download links above. If you have downloaded the files on your computer, connect your phone to your PC and transfer both files.
2. Now turn the phone off and boot into recovery mode. In this case, boot into TWRP.
3. Go to Backup & Restore and make a full backup of the system in case something goes wrong.
4. Go to Factory Reset and wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.
5. Go to Install and choose the CyanogenMod 13 ROM file. Swipe to flash it.
6. Select Install once again and this time choose Marshmallow Gapps. Swipe to flash again.
Now reboot your phone. Your OnePlus One will be enjoying a relatively stable CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow experience.