How to fully root Sony Xperia Z2 latest .314 firmware, install recovery and flash SuperSU to make root access permanent. This update brings a lot of improvements to the Sony Xperia Z2 such as enhanced voice quality, improved touch function, better charging when battery level is low, more stability and overall better performance.
Still, this update is on Android 4.4.2 version and doesn’t have Apps to SD feature like the Xperia T2 Ultra firmware update. Also, there was no way to root the firmware .314 until now. Now you can fully root it, install custom recovery and make root access permanent.
Also Read: How To Fix & Improve Xperia Z2 Poor Call Quality & Signal
Rooting the Xperia Z2 with .314 firmware is very easy. Carefully follow the instructions below so you can successfully root your phone without doing any mistakes.
1. Download rootkitXperia. This is the tool which will root your phone.
2. Enable USB Debugging and connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
3. Extract the zip file that has the toolkit.
4. Make sure ADB drivers are installed correctly.
5. Open CMD Command Prompt and type
6. Follow the instructions and reboot your phone.
You have successfully rooted your phone. Now you need to install a recovery. Follow the instructions on the link to install it.
Install updated SuperSU app.
1. Download updated SuperSU app.
2. Boot to Recovery Mode and flash the zip file.
3. Reboot your phone.
Also Read: Download and Install Stock Xperia Z2 Firmwares
Now you have completely rooted your Sony Xperia Z2 .314 firmware with permanent root. Your phone will grant root to all applications which ask for access.