Here’s what you should do before downloading and installing iOS 8. If you are a fan of smartphones and follow tech news, you know that everyone at the moment is talking about Apple, iPhone 6 and iOS 8 update. Apple released the iOS 8 final version to all iOS supported devices on 17 September.
There are two ways of updating to the latest version. Here is the full tutorial to learn how to update to iOS 8. But before you make the final decision and install the new version, you should do something that is recommended by everyone. You should back up your iPhone or iPad.
The process of downloading and installing iOS 8 will not delete or wipe any data from your phone. Everything is safely stored on your phone. But as always, there have been reports from different users who have said that the new iOS update has erased everything including photos, contacts, music and videos.
How to update photos and contacts before updating to iOS 8
There are many ways to back up your iPhone. You can do so directly from your phone or you can use iTunes.
Directly from the phone
1. Go to Settings.
2. There are two options you can choose from: iCloud and Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Choose iCloud and log in to your account.
4. You have the option to back up everything.
5. You can back up contacts, photos, music files, videos, documents, accounts and more.
6. You can select what to update and what not.
1. Open iTunes program and tap on iPhone.
2. Click on Backup and you can choose from iCloud backup and full PC backup.
3. If you choose iCloud, most important files will back up.
4. If you choose PC, a full backup of the entire OS will be stored on your computer.
Once you update your phone to your iOS 8, you can easily restore it back later. Open iCloud and tap on Restore Backup.