Every Samsung Galaxy Note 4 user has waited for many months to finally be able to see how Lollipop runs on their devices. Samsung has started to gradually update all Galaxy Note 4 variants to official Android 5.0 Lollipop.
At first, Samsung rolled out the update for two main variants of the phone, the international Snapdragon and Exynos versions. If you have missed those news, take a look here. Now it is up to carriers to provide fast updates to the Galaxy Note 4.
One of the main US carriers, Sprint, is very serious when it comes to updating flagship devices to Lollipop. It is the first carrier among all the provide the Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA update to the Sprint Galaxy Note 4. If you live in the US and are locked to Sprint, you can update right now by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates. It is likely that your phone has already received the notification to update.
If you go to “Software Updates” and the phone says that the Android operating system is up to date and you are still on 4.4 KitKat, this means that the OTA firmware hasn’t hit your device just yet. It is a matter of days for the notification to appear on your phone.
If you are inpatient and want to enjoy the Material Design UI of Lollipop, we have another solution for you. XDA user “millerboy3” has managed to capture the official OTA zip file of the firmware, so you can easily flash it on your phone.
How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipo OTA Zip File on Sprint Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910P
There are a few things you need to do before continue with the guide below. You cannot install the update without fulfilling the requirements.
You need to be on stock 4.4 KitKat Touchwiz firmware. The phone must be unrooted and must have stock recovery, not a custom one. If you are running on a custom ROM, you have to flash a stock firmware. Follow this guide to flash stock firmware on the Galaxy Note 4. Simply download the right firmware for your phone and follow the guide.
Lollipop OTA Zip file: update.zip
The file is 1 GB big so make sure to free some space on your phone.
Installing the OTA file
- Download the OTA zip file. If you have downloaded it on your computer, connect your phone and move the file to the internal storage of your phone.
- Turn the phone off and make sure the screen is completely off.
- Press the volume up, home and power buttons to go to recovery mode.
- Using the volume buttons, highlight the “Apply update from sdcard” option and press the power button to select it.
- The file menu will open. Navigate to the folder where you have placed the update.zip file. Highlight it and press the power button.
- Select OK and press the power button to install it.
The process will last for a few minutes. Once it finishes, reboot your phone. Enjoy the official Lollipop update on you Sprint Galaxy Note 4.