Among many improvements and changes, the new Android 4.4.3 KitKat version brought a new redesigned Google dialer. The new dialer on Android 4.4.3 & 4.4.4 KitKat has been totally changed. It has a new color scheme and it sticks to “Cards” design where everything is shown on cards including contacts connected to Facebook, Google Plus and other social medias.
The dialer itself is now blue and has a simpler interface. There is also a new option called 2 second pause but no one knows why Google has added this option. Overall, Android 4.4.3 Google dialer is very good and is a decent app to replace your current phone application.
Also Read: Finding Moto X Manufacturing/Production Date (How To)
One the other hand, the Motorola Moto X is Motorola’s best selling device. It has very good specifications for a decent price and it can be completely customized. Motorola Moto X has already received the latest Android 4.4.4 update but if you haven’t updated your phone and want the latest dialer, check the guide below.
Installing the new Android Google dialer on your Motorola Moto X is very simple. There are three four you need in order to install the new dialer.
– Root Access
– System Write Protection Disabled
– File Explorer with Root permissions
– Android 4.4.4 Google dialer file (link)
This can corrupt your phone. Make sure to make a system backup or backup the most important applications with Titanium Backup.
1. Download Google dialer on the link above.
2. Using a root file explorer go to System > Priv-app and delete Dialer.apk file and paste the new downloaded file.
3. Set the correct permissions to the app as following: rw- r– r–.
4. Reboot your phone.
5. Now the new dialer has been installed and has replaced the old app.
Also Read: How To Fix Loss Of Signal Problem On Moto G
Note: If moving the app to Priv-app folder didn’t work, tap on the file and install it as a normal application and then reboot your phone again.