The Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite has received the first unofficial build of LineageOS 17.1 custom ROM. This is the first-ever build for this phone. LineageOS 17.1 is based on Android 10 Q which is the latest version of the OS. This particular ROM is maintained by Vaughnn and is available for the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (SM-G770F and SM-G770FD).
According to the developer, the ROM is working as expected and there are no major bugs. Even though this is not an official build, you can use it as a daily driver if you do not care about some of Samsung’s specific features. The developer has stated that features from a stock Samsung ROM like VoLTE and IMS will not be ported. Follow below how to update your Galaxy S10 Lite to LineageOS 17.1
What is LineageOS 17.1 ROM
LineageOS is a custom ROM that can be installed on many Android devices. It based on Google’s AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and it offers the stock Android experience. The advantage of LineageOS is that offers additional features besides the simple stock Android experience.
It offers other helpful applications such as AudioFX, a lightweight browser, and Trebuchet, a highly customizable launcher. Furthermore, LineageOS offers features such as system profiles, lock screen customization, root access, expanded desktop, custom button placement, LiveDisplay, Protected Apps, PIN scramble, custom pattern sizes, call recording, and more.
LineageOS 17.1 is the latest version of the ROM and is based on Android 10 Q. A new version based on Android 11 will come soon.
How To Install LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy S10 Lite
Note: You are about to install a custom ROM on your Android phone. This process is routine and is done frequently by power users with no negative effect. Please carefully follow each step of the tutorial. We are not held responsible if you damage or brick your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
- Backup everything on your phone before you do anything. A factory reset is always recommended when installing a new ROM, especially if the old ROM is not the same as the old one.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%. In case something goes wrong and the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off due to low battery.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. TWRP is the recommended recovery for ROM installation.
- LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 ROM for S10 Lite | lineage-17.1-20200828-UNOFFICIAL-r5q.zip
- Android 10 Gapps | Android 10 Gapps
- Magisk Root | Download
- Custom recovery | Download
Install LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy S10 Lite – Step by step
- Download all the necessary files and transfer them to the internal storage of your phone.
- Press and hold the power button. Tap on power off to turn off the phone.
- Hold and press the volume up + power buttons at the same time. Release them when the Samsung boot animation appears. The phone is now in recovery mode.
- Before you flash the ROM, you need to wipe data. To do so, tap on Wipe and select System, Data and Cache. Swipe to wipe.
- Tap on Install and select the downloaded LinageOS 17.1 ROM file. Swipe to flash. Wait for the ROM to be installed.
- Go back and tap on Install once again. Select the Gapps package. Swipe to flash. This will install some of the Google applications on the phone.
- OPTIONAL: Tap on Install and select Magisk. Swipe to flash. This will flash Magisk and root your S10 Lite.
- Reboot your phone.
Wait for the phone to boot up. The first boot will take a few minutes, which is normal after wiping data and performing a clean install of a custom ROM. You have just installed LineageOS 17.1 and Google Apps on your phone. Check if apps like YouTube, Google Maps, and Play Store are installed. If you can find them, it means the process was a success.