The Asus Zenfone 5Z has received the first official build of LineageOS 17.1 ROM. The ROM is based on last year’s Android 10 Q, instead of the recently released Android 11. The new Android 11 is reserved for LineageOS 18, which is already available on some devices. This build is maintained by KakatkarAkshay, and you can download it right away.
This is an official build. It is stable and all things should work correctly. Follow the guide below to learn how to download and install it on your Asus Zenfone 5Z without using TWRP.
What is LineageOS 17.1 ROM
LineageOS is a custom ROM that can be installed on many Android devices. It based on Google’s AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and it offers the stock Android experience. The advantage of LineageOS is that offers additional features besides the simple stock Android experience.
It offers other helpful applications such as AudioFX, a lightweight browser, and Trebuchet, a highly customizable launcher. Furthermore, LineageOS offers features such as system profiles, lock screen customization, root access, expanded desktop, custom button placement, LiveDisplay, Protected Apps, PIN scramble, custom pattern sizes, call recording and more.
How To Install LineageOS 17.1 on the Asus Zenfone 5Z
Note: You are about to install a custom ROM on your Android phone. This process is routine and is done frequently by power users with no negative effect. Please carefully follow each step of the tutorial. We are not held responsible if you damage or brick your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
- Backup everything on your phone before you do anything. A factory reset is always recommended when installing a new ROM, especially if the old ROM is not the same as the old one.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%. In case something goes wrong and the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off due to a low battery.
Steps To Install LineageOS 17.1 on Asus Zenfone 5Z
- Download all the necessary files and transfer them to the internal storage of your Asus Zenfone 5Z.
- Press and hold the power button. Tap on power off to turn off the phone.
- Hold and press the Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time. Release them when the phone goes into recovery mode.
- Before you flash the ROM, you need to wipe data. To do so, tap on Factory Reset and select Format data/factory reset. Go back to the main menu.
- On your phone, go to Apply Update and then tap on Apply from ADB.
- On your computer, run the following command through CMD:
adb sideload filename.zip
- Reboot your phone.
The first boot will take a few minutes. This is normal and happens every time after a clean install of a new custom ROM. That is it. You are running LineageOS 17.1 on your Asus Zenfone 5Z!