Below you can download and install a stable One UI 2.5 Android 10 ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Samsung has already released the One UI 3.0 update to the Galaxy S20 series, Note 20 series, and the Galaxy S20 FE. Furthermore, it is currently beta-testing the update on the Galaxy S10, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy A51 5G, and Galaxy M31.
However, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is now no longer supported by Samsung. The company stopped releasing updates just two years later. As a result, the Galaxy Note 8 is now stuck on the original One UI firmware based on Android 9.0 Pie.
However, thanks to developer corsicanu, you can now update your Galaxy Note 8 to One UI 2.5 running on Android 10. The developer has released hadesROM, a custom ROM which will offer all the bells and whistles you could ask for.
Download and Install One UI 2.5 Android 10 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 8
HadesROM is based on Android 10 (N960FXXS6FTK3 ) and offers the full One UI 2.5 experience. The ROM is heavily debloated for better performance and comes with the latest security patches. Additionally, the ROM offers Good Lock manager which is patched to work in all countries.
The ROM works on the following Note 8 variants:
Before you proceed with the flashing tutorial, it is important to be prepared. This will avoid any possible issues such as the phone turning off or getting bricked.
- Make sure that your phone is charged to at least 60%. This ensures the phone will not accidentally turn off during the process.
- Make a full backup of the data on your phone. If anything goes wrong, your data will be safe.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock. This is very important.
- Download and install the proper USB drivers for the Galaxy Note 8. If you don’t have the proper drivers, the computer will not recognize your phone.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP recovery installed. You cannot flash the ROM without a recovery.
Install One UI 2.5 ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Download all the necessary files and transfer them to the internal storage of your Galaxy Note 8.
- Press and hold the power button. Tap on power off to turn off the phone.
- Hold and press the volume up + power buttons at the same time. Release them when you see the Samsung boot animation logo. The phone will go into recovery mode.
- Before you flash the ROM, you need to wipe data. To do so, tap on Wipe and then choose Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik / ART cache, System, Vendor and Data. Swipe to wipe.
- After wiping the data on your phone, tap on Install. and select the downloaded One UI 2.5 ROM file. Swipe to flash. Wait for the ROM to be installed.
- Reboot your phone after you have performed everything above.
The first boot might take up to 15-20 minutes, so please be patient. When the phone boots up, uncheck diagnostic data from the setup menu.