The Samsung Galaxy S5 has been officially rooted. Now you can fully root your Galaxy S5 and enjoy custom ROMs and mods you want to install on your phone. Rooting is very useful because it allows you to do many useful things that you cannot do with a normal device. As said before, you can install all the available ROMs you want, mods, tweaks and other cool things that will make your Galaxy S5 a lot better and even faster than before.
Every year, the process of rooting an Android has become a lot simpler and nowadays, you simply have to download a file, flash it and then you are done. The process now is called One-Click because of how easy it is to do it and because it takes only a few minutes. The following guide will teach you how to root your Samsung Galaxy S5 with CF-Auto-Root. Once you have gone through all the steps, you will have a fully working GS5 with extra features.
Things to note before following the guide below:
– Make sure your phone is the SM-G900F Galaxy S5 model and not another one. If you use another version there are chances of bricking it.
– Check that Galaxy S5’s USB drivers are properly installed on your computer. If they aren’t installed properly, your computer will not be able to recognize your phone.
– Make sure to perform a full backup (Nandroid Backup) in case that something goes wrong. You will be able to recover every lost file if something goes indeed wrong.
– Check the battery level. Make sure to have more than 50% of battery because your phone might turn off during the flashing process.
– Note that this process will increase the flash counter and probably will trip the KNOX warranty flag.
1. Go to Settings > More Tab, scroll down and open Developers Settings option. Find the option called “USB Debugging” and enable it.
2. Download Odin3 here, extract the zip file and open it. It is the tool which will actually root your Galaxy S5.
3. Download CF-Root file here and extract it as well. You will get a tar.md5 file which is very important.
4. Turn off your phone and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds. This will put your phone into Download Mode. Then, you have to press the Volume Up button only one time.
5. Then, open Odin3 and select the PDA tab. Search for the tar.md5 file and select it. If the phone is properly connected with your PC, a blue or yellow box will appear.
6. Then press the Start button. The flashing process will automatically start. During this time, don’t touch the phone and make sure to not unplug it from your computer.
7. After a few moments, your GS5 will automatically reboot and after a few seconds it will be on the Home Screen.
That is it. Now your Galaxy S5 is fully rooted. Enjoy.