The Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte) has received the first Android 11 ROM thanks to CrDroid. CrDROID is a custom ROM created and maintained by khalvat. It is based on LineageOS 18 and it has all the features that come with it. Below you can download and install the CrDroid ROM alongside the latest Google apps on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
How To Install CrDroid (LineageOS 18) on the Samsung Galaxy S5
- VoLTE not implemented
- VoWiFi not implemented
- Backup everything on your phone before you do anything. A factory reset is always recommended when installing a new ROM, especially if the old ROM is not the same as the old one.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%. In case something goes wrong and the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off due to low battery.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. TWRP is the recommended recovery for ROM installation.
- LineageOS 18 ROM (source):
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte): crDroidAndroid-11.0-20201004-klte-v7.0.zip
- Android 11 Gapps (Download)
Install LineageOS 18 on the Galaxy S5
- Download all the necessary files and transfer them to the internal storage of your Galaxy S5.
- Press and hold the power button. Tap on power off to turn off the phone.
- Hold and press the volume up + power buttons at the same time. Release them when you see the Samsung boot animation logo. The phone will go into recovery mode.
- Before you flash the ROM, you need to wipe data. To do so, tap on Wipe and then choose Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik / ART cache, System, Vendor and Data. Swipe to wipe.
- After wiping the data on your phone, tap on Install. and select the downloaded LineageOS 18 ROM file. Swipe to flash. Wait for the ROM to be installed.
- After the ROM is installed, tap on Install once again. This time, select the Android 11 Gapps package. Again, swipe right to install.
- Reboot your phone after you have performed everything above.
That is all you need to do to install LineageOS 18 on your S5. If you go to the app drawer, you will also see apps such as YouTube, Google Maps, and Google Play Services, thanks to the Google Apps package that you installed.