The Samsung Galaxy S7 is one of the most popular Android phones, alongside its bigger brother, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. A stunning design, water-resistant capabilities, beautiful display and support for micro SD cards are a few reasons why this device has seen millions of sales all around the world.
While the Galaxy S7 is an awesome device, it can get even better. How so? Easy. With root access. Android is known for being open source, meaning much more possibilities for customization. With root, a user can basically do everything he wants with his device. He can go as far as customize the system files of the OS.
While the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge have an awesome firmware already, many might not feel the need to root them. But there are still many people who want a rooted phone. And so, below you will find one of the easiest guides there is to root your Samsung Galaxy S7 with the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow TouchWiz-based firmware.
CF Auto Root is often considered as the ultimate one-click root tool for Samsung devices. CF Auto Root is a tool which is used to root all Samsung devices running on the latest versions of TouchWiz firmwares.
To root the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, you will need the right CF Auto Root file for your phone model, USB drivers, a USB cable and a computer. If you have all that, jump straight to the tutorial. If not, check the download list below.
How to root Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with CF Auto Root on 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Please note the guide below only works on the Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F and Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F. Do not try using this tool on any other variants of the phone as you might end up damaging it to the point of no return.
Besides CF-Auto-Root, you also need the right USB drivers and Odin flashing tool.
How to root Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
- The first thing that you have to do is to download the CF Auto Root file on your computer and extract it. You will get a tar.md5 file. This is the file required to root your Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Also, make sure that you have installed the correct USB drivers. These drivers are very important as you can’t root your phone without them.
- On your computer, launch Odin. Click on AP and select the extracted tar.md5 file.
- Now, take your phone, turn it off and go into download mode (home + power + volume down keys).
- While in download mode, connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Now. the ID:COM box on Odin should turn blue.
- Now, all you have to do is to click the start button on Odin.
Now all you have to do is to wait for Odin to flash the file. Once the process is over, the phone will restart. That is it. When the phone boots up, you will find a new app called SuperSU. That is all. Enjoy your rooted Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge,