Android 9.0 Pie update with One UI is now available for the Samsung Galaxy J4 and J4+. The update is available to all J4 and J4+ users in Thailand, Ukraine, and Vietnam. The update can be obtained by downloading and installing the OTA update. If you live in another region other than those mentioned above, you can go ahead and manually flash the Pie firmware. This includes downloading the latest firmware and flashing it through Odin.
One UI is the latest software overlay developed by Samsung and it comes on all Galaxy phones with the latest Android 9.0 Pie. It brings a lot of performance and UI changes. It focuses on one-handed usability which makes it possible for users to use their phones with just one hand.
How To Install Pie Firmware on Galaxy J4 and J4+ (SM-J400F & SM-J415F)
Before you go ahead with the installation process, firstly check if you can update through OTA. To check for an OTA update, go to Settings > Software Update and tap on Download and install. If the phone says there is a new update, download and install it. If it says “Your software is up to date” and you are still on Oreo, then proceed with the tutorial below to flash Pie manually with Odin.
Note: The update process involves downloading and flashing the stock Pie firmware using ODIN, Samsung’s flashing tool. This is a routine process that it is done by many people for many reasons. There are no risks involved if you carefully follow each and every step stated below. We are not responsible if you damage or brick your phone.
- Download Samsung Galaxy J4 & J4+ USB Drivers | Install
- Download ODIN Flashing Tool | Install
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information and tap seven times on Build Number. This will enable Developer Options.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging. This will allow your phone to communicate with the computer.
- Please back up EVERYTHING on your phone. All of your data might be deleted in the process, so please be prepared.
- Charge your phone to at least 75%. If something goes wrong or the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off during the process.
Download Pie Firmware for Galaxy J4 and J4+
Steps To Install Pie Firmware on Galaxy J4/J4+
- Download the Galaxy J4/J4+ firmware and Odin package. Extract both files.
- Press and hold the power button and tap on Power off.
- Enter Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the volume down, Bixby and power keys at the same time.
- When the warning screen appears, press the volume up key.
- In ODIN, choose the proper files for BL, AP, CP, and CSC.
- Once you have selected all the files, click on the Start button.
Your Galaxy J4/J4+ will be updated to the latest Android 9.0 Pie update. The phone will restart a few times, and when the installation process is over, ODIN will show a PASS message. The phone will boot into the new Android OS.
Enjoy One UI, the new dark mode and all of the features that this update brings. If you are having any issues or problems, let us know below.