Samsung has released the official Android 9.0 Pie One UI update for the Samsung Galaxy J6 and J6+. The Galaxy J6 with model number SM-J600F was the first one to receive the update, followed by the bigger Galaxy J6+ with model number SM-J610F.
The update for the Galaxy J6 has build version J600FXXU3BSD6 (March 2019 security patch version) and is available in the United Arab Emirates, Caucasus countries, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine. The update for the Galaxy J6+ has build version J610FXXS1ASD2 (April 2019 security patch version) and is available in India and Iraq.
The update can be obtained through OTA if you live in any of the regions mentioned above otherwise you can manually download and flash the One UI Pie firmware.
How To Install Pie Firmware on Galaxy J6 and J6+ (SM-J600F & SM-J610F)
Before you go ahead with the installation process, firstly check if you can update through OTA. To check for an OTA update, go to Settings > Software Update and tap on Download and install. If the phone says there is a new update, download and install it. If it says “Your software is up to date” and you are still on Oreo, then proceed with the tutorial below to flash Pie manually with Odin.
Note: The update process involves downloading and flashing the stock Pie firmware using ODIN, Samsung’s flashing tool. This is a routine process that it is done by many people for many reasons. There are no risks involved if you carefully follow each and every step stated below. We are not responsible if you damage or brick your phone.
Preparations (Before getting started with the flashing process)
- Download Samsung Galaxy J6 & J6+ USB Drivers | Install
- Download ODIN Flashing Tool | Install
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information and tap seven times on Build Number. This will enable Developer Options.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging. This will allow your phone to communicate with the computer.
- Please back up EVERYTHING on your phone. All of your data might be deleted in the process, so please be prepared.
- Charge your phone to at least 75%. If something goes wrong or the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off during the process.
Download Pie Firmware for Galaxy J6 & J6+
Steps To Install Pie Firmware on Galaxy J6 & J6+
- Download the Galaxy J6 or J6+ firmware and Odin package. Extract both files.
- Press and hold the power button and tap on Power off.
- Enter Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the volume down, Bixby and power keys at the same time.
- When the warning screen appears, press the volume up key.
- In ODIN, choose the proper files for BL, AP, CP, and CSC.
- Once you have selected all the files, click on the Start button.
Your Galaxy J6 or J6+ will be updated to the latest Android 9.0 Pie update. The phone will restart a few times, and when the installation process is over, ODIN will show a PASS message. The phone will boot into the new Android OS.
Enjoy One UI, the new dark mode and all of the features that this update brings. If you are having any issues or problems, let us know below.