Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 12 update for the Redmi Note 9 Pro. The version number is V18.104.22.168.RJWINXM and can be installed right now on all Note 9 Pro (curtana) and Note 9s devices (curtana_xx).
MIUI 12 is the latest custom firmware developed by Xiaomi based on Android 11. It is available in a number of Xiaomi phones, and now it is also available on the Redmi Note 9 Pro / 9s. MIUI 12 comes with a new Control Center, dynamic wallpapers, a new app drawer, brand new fluid animations, navigation gestures, floating windows for multitasking capabilities, Mi Share, Focus Mode, a new File Manager, Xiaomi Health, and the list goes on and on.
Below you can download the official MIUI 12 based on Android 11 and install it on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro.
How To Install MIUI 12 Android 11 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro
The build below is available on the Indian variant of the Redmi Note 9 Pro with code-name “curtana_in”. Do not install this on the global variants of the phone with code-name “joyeuse_xx”. If you have a Redmi Note 9s (curtana_xx) you can use a custom recovery to flash the update.
Download MIUI 12 for Redmi Note 9 Pro
- MIUI 12 | V22.214.171.124.RJWINXM.zip
Additionally, you need to have a custom recovery installed to flash the file. We recommend to download and install TWRP.
How to flash MIUI 12 ROM on Redmi Note 9 Pro
The update process is very simple and can be done through official software. This method is endorsed by Xiaomi on their official page, so the risks of something going wrong are nonexistent, as long as you have the correct firmware.
- Make sure to download the latest version of the update. Furthermore, make sure the ROM you have downloaded is specifically designed for your phone’s model number. If you use the wrong ROM (designed for another phone), you can brick your phone.
- Transfer the ROM file to the internal storage of the phone. You need to put the update in a folder called “downloaded_rom”. If you put the update in any other location, the phone might not recognize the file.
- Go to Settings > About Phone and tap on System update. A screen will appear showing the current MIUI version currently installed on your phone. Do not worry if it says that no updates are available. We will manually flash the new update.
- Tap the three little dots located at the top right-hand corner of the phone. Tap on Choose update package.
- The phone will display a list of all available updates that it manages to find. In this case, it will show “miui_CURTANAINGlobal_V126.96.36.199.RJWINXM_3ad7d510e0_11.0.zip”. Select it.
The phone will automatically flash the new update. The installation process might take a moment, so please be patient. Once the phone has been updated to MIUI 12, it will automatically restart.
Enjoy the Android 11 experience on your Redmi Note 9 Pro. If you have any issues or problems with the update process, please let us know below.