Viper4Android is one of the most popular audio mods for Android devices. If you aren’t happy with the stock audio experience from your phone, then an audio mod such as Viper4Android noticeably enhances and improves the audio quality for your pleasure.
If you are a fan of Viper4Android and have been using it for a long time, you will be sad to see that it doesn’t work on Android 6.0 Marshmallow by default. Even if you install the app, it won’t work because of how Android 6.0 Marshmallow works.
Luckily, user Kpoch has found an easy way to download and install a fully working version of Viper4Android on your Marshmallow device. According to the original poster and users who have tested the app, Viper4Android on Marshmallow works without any issues. Normal sound, Power Amp and Google Play Music are working.
How to install Viper4Android on Marshmallow
To successfully flash Viper4Android audio mod, you need to change the kernel mode from enforcing to permissive. To do so, you need root access. So here are all the things that you need.
- Rooted Android 6.0 Marshmallow phone (How To)
- SELinux Mode Changer app (Download)
- Custom recovery (Install)
- Viper4Android Audio Mod (Download)
- Download and install SELinux Mode Changer APK file on your phone.
- Open the app and grant root access.
- Change kernel mode from Enforcing to Permissive.
- Download Viper4Android on your phone.
- Turn the phone off and boot into recovery mode.
- Go to install and chose the audio mod zip file.
- Then swipe to flash the mod.
Wait for the mod to flash and then reboot your phone. You can now open and use Viper4Android app. The mod is designed to work on Nexus 5, but it should work on other Nexus devices as well, including Nexus 6.
Hi, is it possible to change back to enforcing mode in SELinux after installing V4A, or would that block the app from working?