Xiaomi has started rolling out the stable MIUI 12 update for the Redmi 8 (olive) in India. The version number is V126.96.36.199.QCNMIXM and is based on Android 10 and not Android 11. Other Xiaomi phones have received MIUI 12 based on Android 11, but the Note 7 and 7s will not receive it.
The stable update comes with a new control center, system-wide Dark Mode, new pro mode features on the camera app, and a number of bug fixes.
Below you can download the official MIUI 12 based on Android 10 and install it on your Xiaomi Redmi 8.
How To Install MIUI 12 Android 10 on Xiaomi Redmi 8
The build below is available for the Xiaomi Redmi 8 with code-name “olive”. Do not install this on any other Xiaomi phones. Please proceed at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible.
Download MIUI 12 for Xiaomi Redmi 8
- MIUI 12 | V188.8.131.52.QCNMIXM
You do not need a custom recovery to install MIUI 12. Since this is an official update, you can install it through official software.
How to flash MIUI 12 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 8
The update process is very simple and can be done through official software. This method is safe, so the risks of something going wrong are nonexistent, as long as you have the correct firmware.
- Make sure to download the latest version of the update. Furthermore, make sure the ROM you have downloaded is specifically designed for your phone’s model number. If you use the wrong ROM (designed for another phone), you can brick your phone.
- Rename the ROM file to update.zip. This is important because the phone will not recognize the file otherwise.
- Transfer the ROM file to the internal storage of the phone. If you put the update in any other location, the phone might not recognize the file.
- Turn off your phone. Now press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons at the same time until your phone boots into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode you will see four options:
- Wipe & Reset
- Install update.zip to system
- Power off
- Use the volume up and down buttons to highlight “Install update.zip to system”, and then press the Power button to select it.
- Press Yes one more time to confirm the installation of MIUI on your Redmi 8.
The phone will automatically flash the new update. The installation process might take a moment, so please be patient.
Enjoy the MIUI 12 experience on your Xiaomi Redmi 8. If you have any issues or problems with the update process, please let us know below.