Learn how to download and install Paranoid ROM on OnePlus 8T. Paranoid is a custom ROM based on the latest Android 11 update. The ROM is created and maintained by ZVNexus and is available on a number of Android phones. Now, the ROM is also available on the OnePlus 8T.
Paranoid is based on pure AOSP, and offers a stock Pixel OS experience. Besides a new number, Android 11 comes with lots of features and optimizations. For example, a new feature called Bubbles allows users to chat while multitasking. You can pin conversations that will appear on top of other screens and pages, so you can easily keep the conversation going. Furthermore, there’s a built-in screen recording, smart replies, device controls, media controls, and much more.
You can enjoy the latest and greatest features of Android 11 on your OnePlus 8T by installing Paranoid ROM. Follow the tutorial below to learn how to do so. We have provided all the required files that you need to download.
How To Install Paranoid Android 11 ROM on OnePlus 8T
- Backup everything on your phone before you do anything. A factory reset is always recommended when installing a new ROM, especially if the old ROM is not the same as the old one.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%. In case something goes wrong and the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off due to a low battery.
- Install ADB/Fastboot drivers. With ADB drivers you will be able to execute commands to your phone from your computer.
- Download and install the proper USB drivers for the OnePlus 8T. If you don’t have the proper drivers, the computer will not recognize your phone.
- Paranoid ROM (source):
- OnePlus 8T: pa-ruby-alpha-1-oneplus8t-20201222-image.zip
- Android 11 Gapps (Download)
Steps to install Android 11 ROM (Paranoid ) on OnePlus 8T
- Download all the necessary files and transfer them to a folder on your computer.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open Command Prompt on your computer and execute the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- The phone will now be in fastboot mode.
- Execute the following commands:
adb reboot bootloader
- Paranoid will be shortly installed on your OnePlus 8T.
- Once the ROM is installed, turn it off completely.
- Hold and press the volume down + power buttons at the same time. Release them when the screen turns on. The phone will go into recovery mode.
- Tap on Wipe and then choose Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik / ART cache, System, Vendor, Userdata and Data. Swipe to wipe.
- After wiping the data on your phone, tap on Install. and select the downloaded Android 11 Gapps file. Swipe to flash. Wait for the package to be installed.
- Reboot your phone after you have performed everything above.
That is all you need to do to install Paranoid on your OnePlus 8T. If you go to the app drawer, you will also see apps such as YouTube, Google Maps, and Google Play Services, thanks to the Google Apps package that you installed. If you have any questions, leave a comment below. Additionally, you can enable root access with Magisk.