Recently, the HTC One M9 has been updated to Android 5.1 Lollipop. This update is not official from HTC but it is a custom ROM created by developer LlabTooFeR over at XDA. Maximus HD 5.0.0 is the ROM which gives all HTC One M9 users the ability to flash Android 5.1 on their devices.
Maximus HD ROM for the HTC One M9 provides the Android 5.1 experience. Unlike other ROMs which are based on stock pure Vanilla Android, Maximus comes with Sense 7.0 skin. You get Android 5.1 and all the features of Sense 7.0 UI.
The ROM is based on the latest 2.7.401.1 build and Android 5.1 (LMY47O). The ROM is fast and stable and features enhanced battery life, faster performance, Advanced Power Menu and Display Color Calibration. The ROM supports OTA updates so you don’t have to manually download any ROM updates.
Install Android 5.1 Maximus HD ROM on HTC One M9
To flash Maximus HD on your HTC One M9, you need to have an unlocked bootloader, S-OFF and a custom recovery. Otherwise, you cannot install the ROM.
- How To Unlock Bootloader on HTC One M9 (Official Guide)
- How To S-OFF HTC One M9 Using SunShine App
- Install TWRP Custom Recovery on HTC One M9
Download: Maximus HD Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM
- Download the ROM and move it to the root of your phone’s internal storage.
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time to put your device in Download Mode.
- Enter Bootloader and Recovery Mode.
- Wipe data first to prevent any errors.
- Go to “Choose ZIP from SD Card” and select the ROM file.
- Flash the ROM using Aroma installer.
After the installation finishes, reboot your phone. You have just flashed Android 5.1 Lollipop Sense 7.0 ROM on your One M9.