OnePlus 3 is among the first devices to receive a working CyanogenMod 14 build. CyanogenMod 14 is the latest version of CyanogenMod builds. CyanogenMod is an open-source operating system based on Android and it delivers the latest version of the OS to many smartphones.
CyanogenMod 14, as every other version, is based on stock Android 7.0 Nougat. This means all OnePlus 3 users get to enjoy the latest version of Android on their phones. Officially, the smartphone is running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow thanks to Oxygen OS ROM, but now the phone can be updated to Android 7.0 Nougat using CM14.
CyanogenMod 14 for OnePlus 3 is posted by Taker18, and you can take a closer look at the original thread by going to the source link at the end of the article. This ROM is a WIP (work in progress), so it is not recommended to use CM14 on your OnePlus 3 as a daily driver.
- Booting, fingerprint, mobile data, DPI selector, NFC, audio, GPS, Google Play, Bluetooth
- Camera, calls, alter slider, dash charge
How To Install CyanogenMod 14/CM14 ROM on OnePlus 3 (7.0 Nougat)
You can install CyanogenMod 14 on your phone only if you have a custom recovery like TWRP. A custom recovery is required if you want to flash a custom ROM like CM14. Below you will find everything you need to download and install CM14 on your OnePlus 3.
- CyanogenMod 14 ROM for OnePlus 3 (Download)
- Gapps for 7.0 Nougat (Download)
- TWRP for OnePlus 3 (Download)
- Follow the guide from the link above to install TWRP if you don’t have a custom recovery on your OnePlus 3.
- Download CyanogenMod 14 ROM and Nougat Gapps on your phone.
- Turn the phone off. Press the volume down and power buttons at the same time. Keep them pressed until the Android splash logo appears on the screen. This will put your phone into recovery mode.
- Now that you are in TWRP, you need to go to Wipe > Wipe data & Factory reset. If you don’t wipe data your phone will get stuck in a bootloop.
- Now, go to “Install” and navigate to the folder where CyanogenMod 14 file is located. Tap on it and swipe to the right to flash it. Wait for the process to finish.
- Go back, go to “Install” once again and this time install Gapps for Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Once you have flashed both files, you can restart your phone.
Wait for your phone to boot up and you are done. Your OnePlus 3 is now running on the latest version of Android, 7.0 Nougat, thanks to CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM. If you have any questions or problems, ask below and we will help you.