Recently, the TeamWin group has released the first TWRP recovery for the Pocophone F1. TWRP is a custom recovery which can be used to flash custom files, make full system backups and much more. Now, you can install the official TWRP 3.2.3 recovery file for Pocophone F1 (beryllium) using the tutorial down below.
Released in the summer of 2018, the Poco F1 features a price tag of just over $300. The phone has high-end specifications of the fraction of the price of high-end smartphones. It has a 6.18″ IPS LCD display (1080 x 2246 pixels) with a pixel density of 403 pixels per inch, Snapdragon 845 chipset and Adreno 630 GPU.
Furthermore, it comes with 6GB RAM and 128GB of storage or 8GB RAM and 256GB of storage configurations, 12 MP and 5 MP rear camera layout, 20 MP front-facing camera and a juicy 4000 mAh battery to keep everything up and running.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on the Pocophone F1
Note: According to the developers, TWRP only works on Pocophone devices that are using Full Disk Encryption (FDE). This recovery will not work if the phone is using File Based Encryption (FBE). Furthermore, this phone uses dm-verity which means it won’t let your phone boot if you have modified the system files. To prevent this you need to install a kernel which has dm-verity disabled. If you are not careful, you can brick your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
- Unlock your phone. Go to Settings > About Phone. Find Build Number and tap on it 7 times. This will enable Developer Options.
- Go to Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
- Turn off your phone and go to fast boot mode. To do so, press and hold the volume down and power keys at the same time.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the provided cable.
- Rename the image file to “twrp.img”.
- Launch CMD on your phone and enter the following code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Wait for TWRP to be installed on your phone.
Once installed, turn off your phone. Press the volume up and power keys at the same time. Your Pocophone will boot into TWRP. That is it. You have just installed TWRP on your Pocophone F1.