CM Developers have finally released stable M1 CyanogenMod 11 for the Nexus 4. The M1 version means that this current firmware is very stable and it is perfectly good for a daily driver as it doesn’t have any major problems or issues, unlike other Android smartphones which have gotten only Nightly versions.
Nightly versions are builds that aren’t very stable and aren’t really meant to be used as daily drivers. Anyway, back to the Nexus 4. This device has gotten a stable CyanogenMod version for the simple fact that it is a Nexus device, and it has direct support and updates from Google.
For everyone interested, you can download CyanogenMod 11 M1 Stable Release for Nexus 4 here.
1. To install it, put the Zip file in your phone’s internal memory.
2. Turn off your phone.
3. Send your Nexus 4 into recovery mode ( It is preferred ClockwordMod recovery)
4. Find the Zip file, select it and tap install.
5. Wait for the installation process to be finished.
6. Wipe data and factory reset.
7. Then just reboot your phone.
That’s it. Enjoy CyanogenMod 11 M1.