After waiting for more than a year for an official release of the Xposed framework for Android Nougat, users can finally rejoice. The man behind this project, rovo89, has finally released the first stable and official Xposed build which is fully functional on Android 7.0 and 7.1 devices.
Xposed is one of the most popular Android frameworks. It is a platform where users can download and install various modules such as GravityBox to enhance and customize their mobile phones. Android users have a few options about what they can do with their phone. They can add root access to gain extra privileges and install custom ROMs to customize the UI and change various aspects of the user experience.
The issue is that a full factory reset is required when installing a new ROM, so for most users this option is out of the table. Xposed on the other hand, only requires root access and works on most phone’s stock firmwares. Not only it works on most devices, it adds custom ROM features thanks to a plethora of modules that can be downloaded online.
And now that rovo89 has updated the framework to version v88/v88.1, all Nougat 7.0 and 7.1 users can install it and enjoy all the customization possibilities that it offers.
How To Install Xposed Framework & Modules on Android 7.0 and 7.1 Nougat Phones
- Xposed Installer APK | Download
- Xposed Framework 7.0 Nougat (sdk24)
- Xposed Framework 7.1 Nougat (sdk25)
- In order to install the framework and the files linked above, you need to have a custom recovery installed. It is recommended to use TWRP as it is the most supported recovery at the moment.
- Download “Xposed Installer APK” file and framework for your phone’s variant (32bit, 64bit or x86). Download the latest v88.1 zip file.
- Turn off your phone and go into recovery mode. Depending on your phone, there are different ways to go into recovery mode. Find out how to do so on your phone.
- While in TWRP, go to “Install”, navigate to the download folder and select the Xposed Framework file. Tap it and swipe to flash the file.
- Reboot your phone.
- Then go to the “Download” folder again and this time install “Xposed Installer APK”.
Once installed, launch the application. Grant root access and start searching for modules to download and install. Every time you install a new module, restart your phone.