If you have the Xiaomi Mi A1 phone, then you can download and install the official LineageOS 16 ROM on it. LineageOS 16 is based on Android 9.0 Pie and brings many of the features from stock Android and much more. Besides the stock Android Pie experience, LineageOS 16 brings extra features that AOSP does not have.
It offers custom button placement options where users can choose the button placement on the navigation bar. It has system profiles which enable or disable certain options based on the profile selected. It offers PIN scramble feature, which scrambles the layout of the PIN every time the device locks. Other features include call recorder, root, LiveDisplay, expanded desktop and more.
The Xiaomi Mi A1 has a 5.5 inch IPS LCD touch screen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, Snapdragon 625 chip with Adreno 506 GPU, 4 GB of RAM, 12 MP wide and 12 MP telephoto camera layout on the back, 5 MP selfie camera and a 3080 mAh battery. It came with Android Nougat on launch date, and now it can be updated to Android 9.0 Pie thanks to LineageOS 16.
How To Install LineageOS 16 ROM on Xiami Mi A1 (tissot)
Note: You are about to install a custom ROM on your device. This is a routine process that possesses no risk if all of the steps are followed. We are not held responsible if you brick or damage your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
- Please make sure the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi A1 is unlocked.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. TWRP is the recommended recovery for such cases.
- Download the latest Google Apps (Gapps) for Android Pie
Steps to install LineageOS 16 on Xiaomi Mi A1
- Press and hold the Power button to turn off the phone.
- When the phone is off, press and hold Volume up and Power keys at the same time.
- When the phone shows the boot animation logo, let go of the buttons.
- In recovery, go to Wipe and Swipe to factory reset.
- Once the phone is reset, tap on Install.
- Navigate and find the downloaded ROM file.
- Tap on the file and swipe to flash it.
- Once the ROM finishes installing, do the same with Google Apps.
Restart your phone. The first boot will take a while to optimize for the new OS version and the new Google Apps. When the phone finally boots up, you will have to go through the setup process. Enjoy LineageOS 16 on your Xiaomi Mi A1.