The Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) has received the first LineageOS 18.1 ROM build. LineageOS 18.1 is based on the latest Android 11 update. The base of the ROM comes from the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code, which means it offers a stock Android experience. Below you can download and install the LineageOS 18.1 ROM (maintained by rINanDO) alongside the latest Google apps on your Samsung Galaxy S2.
LineageOS 18.1 Features
LineageOS 18.1 is a custom ROM available that can be downloaded and installed on many Android devices. It based on Google’s AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and it offers the stock Android experience. This particular version of the ROM is based on Android 11. It has all the new features including Bubbles, screen recording ability, smart replies, device controls, media controls, and more.
Additionally, the ROM offers other essential and helpful applications for an even better experience. It includes apps such as AudioFX (audio optimizer), a lightweight browser that works well even on low-end devices, a good camera app, trebuchet (a highly customizable launcher), terminal, and more. Additionally, LineageOS has some useful features that are not included in the original AOSP code. For example, there are custom Quick Settings tiles, LiveDisplay, lock screen customization, system profiles, PIN scramble, privacy guard, and button customization.
It offers other helpful applications such as AudioFX, a lightweight browser, and Trebuchet, a highly customizable launcher. Furthermore, LineageOS offers features such as system profiles, lock screen customization, root access, expanded desktop, custom button placement, LiveDisplay, Protected Apps, PIN scramble, custom pattern sizes, call recording and more.
How To Install LineageOS 18.1 on Samsung Galaxy S2
- RIL (Receive calls)
- Bluetooth (audio)
- Touch keys
- Camera Pictures
- Video recording
- Hardware encode/decoder
- RIL (Phone/SMS)
- DRM, for e.g. Netflix
- Live Display
- Selinux enforced
- Backup everything on your phone before you do anything. A factory reset is always recommended when installing a new ROM, especially if the old ROM is not the same as the old one.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%. In case something goes wrong and the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off due to a low battery.
- LineageOS 18.1 ROM (source):
- LineageOS 18.1 PIT: i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage.pit
- LineageOS 18.1 PDA: i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage-TWRP-3.3.1-1.tar.md5
- Samsung Odin v3.07 (Download)
- Android 11 Gapps (Download)
Install LineageOS 18.1 on the Samsung Galaxy S2
- Download LineageSO 18.1 PIT and PDA files and move them to a folder on your computer.
- Press and hold the power button to turn off the phone.
- Hold and press the volume down + home + power buttons at the same time. Release them when the phone goes into download mode.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open Odin, click on PDA, and select the PDA file. Do the same thing with the PIT file.
- Make sure Auto Reboot is unchecked and Re-Partition is checked.
- Click the start button. LineageOS 18 will be installed shortly.
- Once the ROM is flashed, press and hold the volume up + home + power buttons. The phone will boot into TWRP 3.3.1-1.
- While in TWRP, tap on Wipe -> Format Data.
- Then tap on Wipe -> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik, Cache, System and non-emulate storage.
- Tap on Install. Select the Android 11 Gapps package. Swipe right to install.
- Reboot your phone after you have performed everything above.
Note: Do not install the TWRP app, otherwise the phone will get stuck in a bootloop.
That is all you need to do to install LineageOS 18.1 on your Galaxy S2. If you go to the app drawer, you will also see apps such as YouTube, Google Maps, and Google Play Services, thanks to the Google Apps package that you installed.