Samsung has started to roll out the Android 9.0 Pie update to the Samsung Galaxy A6+. The update was reported a few days ago when a few users in the Poland region started to receive an OTA update on their devices. The update’s firmware version is A605FNXXU3BSC6 and contains the new One UI redesign with March 2019 Android security patch.
The update is available to all users around Poland, and will soon be available worldwide. The Galaxy A6+ is the latest Samsung phone to receive the Pie update, after the likes of Galaxy A7 (SM-A750FN), Galaxy A9 (SM-A920F) and Galaxy A8+ (SM-A730F).
How To Install Pie Firmware on Galaxy A6+ (SM-A605FN)
Before you go ahead with the installation process, firstly check if you can update through OTA. To check for an OTA update, go to Settings > Software Update and tap on Download and install. If the phone says there is a new update, download and install it. If it says “Your software is up to date” and you are still on Oreo, then proceed with the tutorial below to flash Pie manually with Odin.
Note: The update process involves downloading and flashing the stock Pie firmware using ODIN, Samsung’s flashing tool. This is a routine process that it is done by many people for many reasons. There are no risks involved if you carefully follow each and every step stated below. We are not responsible if you damage or brick your phone.
- Download Samsung Galaxy A6+ USB Drivers | Install
- Download ODIN Flashing Tool | Install
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information and tap seven times on Build Number. This will enable Developer Options.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging. This will allow your phone to communicate with the computer.
- Please back up EVERYTHING on your phone. All of your data might be deleted in the process, so please be prepared.
- Charge your phone to at least 75%. If something goes wrong or the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off during the process.
Download Pie Firmware for Galaxy A6+
- Galaxy A6+ (A605FNXXU3BSC6) Firmware | Download
Steps To Install Pie Firmware on Galaxy A6+
- Download the Galaxy A6+ firmware and Odin package. Extract both files.
- Press and hold the power button and tap on Power off.
- Enter Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the volume down, Bixby and power keys at the same time.
- When the warning screen appears, press the volume up key.
- In ODIN, choose the proper files for BL, AP, CP, and CSC. For CSC, choose HOME_CSC_OMC_SER_A605FNOXM3BSC6.
- Once you have selected all the files, click on the Start button.
Your Galaxy A6+ will be updated to the latest Android 9.0 Pie update. The phone will restart a few times, and when the installation process is over, ODIN will show a PASS message. The phone will boot into the new Android OS.
Enjoy One UI, the new dark mode and all of the features that this update brings. If you are having any issues or problems, let us know below.