The OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T have been considered as two of the best Android smartphones a user can buy. They offer an incredibly fast performance thanks to Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 chipset on the OnePlus 3 and Snapdragon 821 chipset on the OnePlus 3T.
Both phones come with 64 GB of internal storage, 16 MP main rear-facing camera, a Full HD Optic AMOLED display and USB Type C charging port. Both phones have OxygenOS as their firmware, which is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Both phones are extremely fast with their stock firmware, but they become even faster and better with LineageOS installed. LineageOS 14.1 is a custom ROM based on Android 7.1 Nougat, which provides a unique stock Android experience to OnePlus users.
Even though the ROM features a stock Android firmware, developers have included extra features and options which give users the possibility to customize and change various aspects of the phone. LineageOS 14.1 is a great ROM to install on your OnePlus 3 or your OnePlus 3T, if you are looking for the ultimate Android experience.
How to install LineageOS 14.1 ROM on OnePlus 3/3T
There are a few things you need to do before you actually flash the actual ROM. You need to download the right USB drivers, a custom recovery and the ROM file itself.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your phone. This tutorial won’t work if you don’t enable those two options. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options and enable both settings.
- Make sure you phone if fully charged, or at least it has more than 75% battery left. In case something goes during the installation process and the phone becomes unresponsive, a low battery is the worst thing to happen since it might brick the phone.
- Your bootloader has to be unlocked, otherwise you won’t be able to flash LineageOS ROM on your OnePlus 3 or 3T.
- LineageOS 14.1 ROM for OnePlus 3/3T – Download
- TWRP custom recovery – (OnePlus 3 | OnePlus 3T)
- Gapps for LineageOS 14.1 – Download
- Make sure you have the latest version of TWRP installed on your phone.
- Download LineageOS on your computer and transfer it over to your phone. Do the same thing with Google Apps.
- Turn off the phone. Go to recovery mode by pressing the volume down and power buttons at the same time.
- In recovery mode, wipe data and perform a factory reset. This ensures that no problems will arise with the new ROM.
- Go to “Install zip” and choose LineageOS and swipe to flash. Wait for the ROM to finish installing and then do the same thing with Gapps.
Once you have flashed both LineageOS ROM and Nougat Gapps on your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T, reboot your phone. Wait for a few minutes as the first boot might take a while. Once in the home screen, enjoy your phone with a brand new ROM.
That was it on how to install LineageOS 14.1 on your OnePlus 3 and 3T. Do you have any questions? Let us know below.