In this article we will be showing you how to properly disable, delete and exit demo live unit retail mode software on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. If you have gone to the store to test the Galaxy S6, have you noticed that when you turn the phone off, the screen turns automatically on and starts playing a video showcasing key features of the phone?
That is the retail software installed on the phone. Actually, those devices that you see on the store are demos and not for customers. Demo Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge units come with demo live programs to help users learn all the important features. This way, the person on the store doesn’t have to keep explaining all the key aspects of the phone to every customer.
Samsung Galaxy S6 demo units are designed to be used by stores only and mustn’t be sold to customers. The reason why is because they have no antenna bands (software) and do not accept SIM cards. You cannot make phone calls or send text messages.
If you have just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge and turned out you have gotten the retail demo unit and cannot send it back, the best option is to remove the demo retail unit software. If you do not remove it, the screen will stay always on, even when you turn it off. This will cause battery drain and even screen burn-in, since the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge have Super AMOLED displays. Here is the best way of deleting the retail mode from your phone.
How To Disable & Delete Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Demo Live Unit Retail Mode
- The first thing you have to do is to go to the app drawer and open an application called Samsung Retail.
- Go to Configuration Settings and enter code 544 to unlock it. If this code do not work, try these ones: rethink, rollback and ruletheair.
- Uncheck Disable the factory reset and enter the following password to confirm it: M729Q16K8546..
- Turn the phone off and press the volume up, power and home buttons at the same time to boot into recovery.
- Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.
Enjoy your Samsung Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge without the annoying demo live unit retail mode software.