Samsung is completing the release of Android 5.1.1 for most popular devices. Today, Samsung has just released Android 5.1.1 update for the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5 with model number SM-G920F.
Previously, the update became available for other devices, including T-Mobile Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge, as well as the international variant of the Galaxy S6 edge. Finally, the most popular variant is getting its piece, with firmware G920FXXU2BOFJ. This is the latest firmware which upgrades your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
The initial update is for all users in region of France so all users over there can download and install the update through OTA. But if you do not live in France, you will not be able to install Android 5.1.1 just yet. If you do not want to wait, follow the guide below to get the latest version on your phone right now.
Flash Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S6 SM-G920F (G920FXXU2BOFJ)
To update your phone with the latest firmware, you need to have a few tools available. You need to have Odin, the latest firmware and right drivers installed. You can download all the right files below.
Flash Android 5.1.1 Firmware
- Download and install USB drivers. If the proper drivers are not installed, you will not be able to connect your phone to the PC.
- Download Odin and Android 5.1.1 firmware. Both are in .zip packages. Extract both files.
- Turn your phone off and boot into recovery mode (home + power + volume up). Wipe cache and factory reset.
- Turn the phone off again and go to download mode (home + power + volume down). Press the volume up key one more time to confirm your action.
- Launch Odin on your computer.
- Click “AP” and select the extracted firmware which should have the tar.md5 extension.
- Click on start.
Now sit back and wait for Odin to flash the Android 5.1.1 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F). The phone will automatically reboot. If you experienced any issues during the process, leave a comment below and we will be happy to help.