In this article, you will learn how to flash stock firmware files or ROMs on the Samsung Galaxy A50. The Galaxy A50 comes with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. The Pie firmware of the phone features the new One UI skin. However, there are times when you flash a custom ROM or a modified firmware which greatly changes the way your phone looks.
A custom firmware is great, but sometimes you want to go back to stock ROM for different reasons. For example, a custom firmware might slow down or brick the phone (wrong firmware). In any case, it is a good idea to know how to flash stock firmware files on the Galaxy A50.
Why Flash Stock Firmware on Galaxy A50
- Bricked phone: When users install a ROM or mod that it is not designed for their phone model, they brick their phones. When a phone gets bricked, it goes in a boot loop and a factory reset cannot fix it.
- Back to stock: If you have modified the current firmware or have installed various mods, flashing a stock firmware is a good way to revert your phone back to stock. The new firmware will overwrite the old one, and reset everything.
Note: This process is relatively safe. It is a routine procedure to fix some of the most common issues with Samsung phones. Please follow the tutorial below very carefully and do not miss any of the steps. If you do not do as mentioned, you may end up bricking and damaging your phone to the point of no return. We are not held responsible if you damage your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information. Quickly tap 7 times on Build Number to enable Developer Options.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and tap on USB Debugging. This will allow your phone to communicate with the computer to install the new firmware.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM unlocking.
- Make sure you have at least 60% of battery life left. If your phone gets stuck during the installation process, it will not turn off.
- Install the latest Samsung USB drivers for the Galaxy A50| Download
Steps to Flash Stock Firmware on A50
- Make sure to download both ODIN flashing tool and the Galaxy A50 stock firmware from the download links above and extract both packages.
- Launch the extracted ODIN file.
- Turn off your phone and go into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the volume down + power buttons at the same time.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the provided USB cable. If the USB drivers are properly installed, the ID:COM box in ODIN will turn blue.
- Click the AP/PDA button and select the extracted firmware button.
- Go to Options and make sure to disable Re-Partition and enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- Click the Start button and wait for the firmware to be installed on your A50.
Once the installation process is over, ODIN will show a green “PASS” text with the time it took to install the firmware. The phone will automatically restart a few times before it boots up. When the phone boots up for the last time, it will be running the newly installed stock firmware. If you any questions, let us know below.