You can now download and install TWRP 3.4.0-0 on the Asus Zenfone 7 and Zenfone 7 Pro. This is a working and stable TWRP build, and you can flash it on your phone right now.
Below you can find a detailed guide on how to download and install TWRP on the Asus Zenfone 7.
What is TWRP (TouchWiz Recovery Project)
TWRP is one of the most popular custom recoveries for Android phones. A big reason for this popularity is that developers frequently add new devices to their already huge database of phones.
- Install ZIP files (ROMs, kernels, mods, themes)
- Wipe data and perform a full factory reset
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache
- Backup all data (Nandroid backup – System, Data, Cache, Boot, EFS)
- Restore saved data through backup
- Fix permissions
- ADB sideload
- Terminal Command
TWRP makes it possible to customize the firmware of your phone by installing custom ROMs, kernels and various mods. It also makes it possible to improve the speed of the phones and reduce battery usage, thanks to its ability to flash custom kernels and files that modify the way the CPU behaves.
Download and Install TWRP 3.4.0-0 Recovery on Asus Zenfone 7 and Zenfone 7 Pro
This version of TWRP is compatible only with Asus Zenfone 7. Do not try flashing any of the files below on other Asus phones. If you use another model of the phone, you can damage and brick your phone. Installing a custom recovery on your phone might void the warranty. We are not held responsible for anything that might happen to your phone.
Please proceed at your own risk.
Before you proceed with the flashing tutorial, it is important to be prepared. This will avoid any possible issues such as the phone turning off or getting bricked.
- Make sure that your phone is charged to at least 60%. This ensures the phone will not accidentally turn off during the process.
- Make a full backup of the data on your phone. The process below involves unlocking the bootloader, which will delete everything on your phone.
- Go to Settings > About and quickly tap on Build Number seven times. This will enable Developer Options. Now go to Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
- Download and install the proper USB drivers for the Zenfone 7. If you don’t have the proper drivers, the computer will not recognize your phone.
- TWRP 3.4.0-0 | twrp-3.4.0_10-0.img (source)
- ADB Drivers | Download
How To Install TWRP 3.4.0-0 Recovery on Zenfone 7
- Download the .img file and move it to a folder on your computer. Rename the file to twrp.img.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open Command Prompt on your computer and execute the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- The phone will now be in fastboot mode.
- Execute the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery_a twrp.img fastboot flash recovery_b twrp.img
- Once the commands are executed, TWRP will be successfully installed on your Zenfone 7.
- Now enter the following command to restart the phone:
That is it. Now your Asus Zenfone 7 will have TWRP installed. Now you can also root your phone with Magisk. If you are having any issues or problems, let us know below