A root method has been created to root and install SuperSU on all Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge phones which have been updated to Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and have the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset inside. Avid Android fans from the forums have managed to create a working tutorial which adds root and installs SuperSU on all Qualcomm variants of the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
Samsung has equipped the international variant of the Galaxy S7 with its own Exynos 8890 Octa chipset, meanwhile US variants have the Snapdragon 820 chipset inside. This means that if you have a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge from a U.S carrier, you can root and install SuperSU on your phone.
This root method works on all USA Qualcomm variants, which include T-Mobile (SM-935T, SM-930T), AT&T (SM-930A, SM-935A), Verizon (SM-930V, SM-935V) and Sprint (SM-930P, SM-935P).
How To Root Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge with Nougat Update (US Carriers)
The tutorial below might be somewhat complicated for those users who are not experienced with flashing files, but if you carefully follow the procedure everyone can root their device with no problems.
- ENG Root File | ENG-Root-USA.zip
- SuperSU 2.79 | S7Root_Unroot_SU_2_79.zip
- Odin3 v3.12 | Odin3 v3.12 (PrinceComsy).zip
- Download Galaxy S7 USB drivers | Download
- Download Android ADB drivers | Download
Note: This method only works on Qualcomm Snapdragon variants of the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge which have the Nougat update. Do not try to attempt this method on any other variants. Be very careful because you might damage your phone. The procedure below is risky and we take no responsibility if something wrong happens to your phone.
- Download all the files from the download links above. Installing the Galaxy S7 USB drivers and ADB drivers is the first thing to do.
- Turn off the phone and press the volume down, home and power buttons at the same time. Keep them pressed until the phone goes into download mode.
- Launch Odin3 v3.12 on your computer and connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Extract “ENG-Root-USA.zip“. You will receive two files named “S7edge_qualcomm.tar” and “S7_qualcomm.tar“.
- On Odin, click on AP and select the extracted .tar file which corresponds to your phone’s model. Click “Start”. Wait for the phone to restart and let it boot up.
- On your computer, unzip “S7Root_Unroot_SU_2_79.zip“. On the folder where you extracted the file, press “Shift” and right-click with your mouse, Select “Open command window here”.
- On the CMD window, enter the following code: “root.bat”.
- This will root your phone. Wait for the process to finish and for the phone to restart. Do not touch your phone until then.
That is it. Your phone will have SuperSU installed when it reboots. SuperSU is the app that grants root access to apps that require it. Enjoy your rooted Nougat firmware on the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge!