The HTC One M8 is one of the best devices HTC has ever created. Well, the best phone after the legendary HD2. The One M8 is very similar to its predecessor. It has a 5.0″ Full HD screen, Snapdragon 801 chipset, dual 4 MP Ultra Pixel camera and a 2600 mAh battery.
Two of the best features that the HTC One M8 are the dual front facing stereo speakers and the aluminum body. The front facing speakers are very loud and the all aluminum body makes the phone feel premium on the hand.
At the launch date, the HTC One M8 was equipped with Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Later, the device got updated to Android 4.4.4 and HTC announced that soon will seed the 5.0 Lollipop update.
The 5.0 Lollipop update for the HTC One M8 is expected to come in the following months. It may take HTC up to three months to release the official Lollipop update.
The HTC One M8, as many other devices, has already received custom ROMs based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. If you are eager to try the new version of Android and can’t wait for HTC to release the official update, then you can easily follow the guide below and install CyanogenMod 12 5.0 Lollipop ROMs.
One of the best ROMs until now that has proven to be very stable and most things working is SkyDragon. The SkyDragon ROM is rooted, it is built from 100% stock and clean base.
SkyDragon ROM 5.0 Lollipop info:
- Android Version: L – 5.0.0
- Firmware base: 3.09.1700.2
- Rom Version: SD GPE v4.0.3
- Download SkyDragon ROM for HTC One M8 here.
- Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked and S-On is fine.
- Turn off your phone. Press and hold Power + Volume Down to boot into Bootloader mode.
- Go to Recovery and wipe system, data, cache and dalvik to clean the phone for a new ROM.
- Go to “Choose zip from sdcard” and select the SkyDragon ROM.
Reboot your phone. Wait for a few minutes for the phone to fully boot up. Once it is up and running, you can enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop on your HTC One M8.