After months of waiting, Samsung Galaxy S6 users can finally download and install LineageOS on their phones. After creating builds for a plethora of Samsung phones, including the Galaxy S7, developers have now created the first build for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
LineageOS is the successor of CyanogenMod, which provided ROMs for many years. The latest version of LineageOS with version number 14.1 is based on the latest version of Android, 7.1.1 Nougat. The Samsung Galaxy S6 has really suffered from the lack of custom ROMs thanks to its Exynos chipset, and a LineageOS build will make many users happy.
Below you will find the tutorial on how to download LineageOS and install the ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. Based on user feedback, the ROM is pretty much stable and doesn’t have any major issues. The camera works without fine without problems, however phone calls have a few issues.
How To Install LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
This tutorial will work on most Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge variants, including the international SM-G920F and SM-G925F versions as well as carrier models.
Note: This tutorial has been tested and works correctly. However, we are not responsible for anything that might happen to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy S6 | Download
- Gapps for LineageOS ROM | Download
- Kernel for Edge variants | Download
- TWRP custom recovery | Download
- Download both the LineageOS ROM file and Gapps and move them to your phone.
- Turn off the phone and press the volume up, home and power keys to go to recovery mode.
- Perform a full nandroid backup in case something goes wrong.
- While in recovery, wipe data and perform a factory reset.
- Go to “Install”, select LineageOS ROM file and swipe to flash. Wait for the installation process to finish.
- Now flash Gapps and wait it to finish
- If you have the edge variant, flash the kernel.
Now reboot your phone and wait. The first boot will take a few minutes and then you will be greeted with LineageOS’ set-up screen. Enjoy LineageOS ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge!
Link for kernel does not work.
will this work with Tmobile variant? G920T?
this is not the right file