The OnePlus 8 Pro (instantnoodlep) has received the first LineageOS 18.1 ROM build. LineageOS 18.1 is based on the latest Android 11 update. The base of the ROM comes from the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code, which means it offers a stock Android experience. Below you can download and install the LineageOS 18.1 ROM (maintained by LuK1337) alongside the latest Google apps on your OnePlus 8 Pro.
LineageOS 18.1 Features
LineageOS 18.1 is a custom ROM available that can be downloaded and installed on many Android devices. It based on Google’s AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and it offers the stock Android experience. This particular version of the ROM is based on Android 11. It has all the new features including Bubbles, screen recording ability, smart replies, device controls, media controls, and more.
Additionally, the ROM offers other essential and helpful applications for an even better experience. It includes apps such as AudioFX (audio optimizer), a lightweight browser that works well even on low-end devices, a good camera app, trebuchet (a highly customizable launcher), terminal, and more. Additionally, LineageOS has some useful features that are not included in the original AOSP code. For example, there are custom Quick Settings tiles, LiveDisplay, lock screen customization, system profiles, PIN scramble, privacy guard, and button customization.
It offers other helpful applications such as AudioFX, a lightweight browser, and Trebuchet, a highly customizable launcher. Furthermore, LineageOS offers features such as system profiles, lock screen customization, root access, expanded desktop, custom button placement, LiveDisplay, Protected Apps, PIN scramble, custom pattern sizes, call recording and more.
How To Install LineageOS 18.1 on the OnePlus 8 Pro
- WFD (Wi-Fi Direct)
- Backup everything on your phone before you do anything. A factory reset is always recommended when installing a new ROM, especially if the old ROM is not the same as the old one.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%. In case something goes wrong and the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off due to a low battery.
- Download and install ADB drivers for the OnePlus 8 Pro.
- LineageOS 18.1 ROM (source):
- OnePlus 8 Pro (instantnoodlep): lineage-18.1-20201213_020714-UNOFFICIAL-instantnoodlep.zip
- Android 11 Gapps (Download)
Install LineageOS 18.1 on the OnePlus 8 Pro
- Download all the necessary files and transfer them to the internal storage of your OnePlus 8 Pro. Make sure to install ADB drivers.
- Extract the LineageOS 18.1 ZIP file. You will get a few different files.
- Open the folder where the extracted files are, and open a CMD window.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Run the following command:
$ adb reboot bootloader
- Now run this command (IT WILL WIPE ALL DATA): $ adb reboot bootloader
- Now enter the following commands in this order:
$ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img $ fastboot reboot fastboot $ fastboot erase scratch $ fastboot flash boot boot.img $ fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img $ fastboot flash system system.img $ fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img $ fastboot flash product product.img $ fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img $ fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img $ fastboot reboot
Once you execute the last command, the phone will reboot. Wait for a few minutes for the phone to boot up. That is all you need to do to install LineageOS 18.1 on your OnePlus 8 Pro.