After many leaks, discussions and questions, the official Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is finally here. This is the official update released by Samsung which means it is unrooted. It is also unlocked which means that you can install it on every SM-N900 unit.
It is not locked to any carrier and doesn’t have any bloatware carrier-related applications. During these months, we have seen many leaks regarding the Lollipop update for this device.
Those users who know how to install custom ROMs have already been enjoying stock Android experience thanks to CyanogenMod 12 or the leaked Lollipop firmware. Now, you have the opportunity to enjoy Lollipop experience the way Samsung wants you to do so. A Lollipop experience with Touchwiz launcher on top and all features that you can expect from a Samsung device.
From this firmware, you get the latest Lollipop experience with Material Design and the new user interface introduced by the Touchwiz skin. Follow our detailed below to learn how to install the official firmware on your Galaxy Note 3.
Before you continue with the installation process, here are some information about the firmware:
Model name: GALAXY Note 3
Version: Android 5.0
Build date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 16:11:27 +0000
Product Code: SER
Now that you know what the new update is all about, we can continue with the installation guide below.
Downloads & Preparing
Odin3 v3.09 tool – Link
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 drivers – Install
Enable USB Debugging – Tutorial
N900XXUEBOA6 firmware – N900XXUEBOA6_N900SEREBOA6_SER.zip
Make sure you have downloaded all the files linked above.
Make sure that your phone has enough battery so it doesn’t turn off during the process of installing the firmware.
Use the USB cable that your phone came with. If not possible, use a high quality and trusted cable.
Installing firmware on Note 3
- Download the Odin zip file and extract it. You will get an .exe file. Open the tool by clicking the icon.
- If the phone is not off, shut it down by pressing the power button.
- Once it is completely off, you have to boot your Note 3 to recovery mode. To do so, you have to press the following buttons at the same time: Power, Home and Volume Up buttons.
- In recovery, wipe cache, dalvik cache and perform a full system wipe.
- Now go to download mode by pressing the volume down, power and home buttons.
- Now that you are in download mode, connect your phone to your PC using your preferred USB cable.
- If the USB drivers are correctly install, Odin will recognize the phone.
- Now extract the firmware zip file.
- On Odin, click the AP button and select the firmware tar.md5 file.
- Press install.
Wait for the firmware to install. This process might take a few minutes so please be patient. Once the firmware is installed, you will enjoy the latest version of Android on your Note 3 SM-N900.