Over the years, flashing a custom ROM or modifying the operating system of an Android device has become very easy. Anyone can do it and it doesn’t require detailed knowledge. Developers have made it very easy for casual users by creating one-click tools which make everything less difficult.
OnePlus One has a lot of support when it comes to ROMs and other software development. There are a plethora of mods and ROMs which aim to make the device better. The best thing is that all those mods can be installed very easily.
But sometimes, no matter how easy a guide or mod is to install, the user can mess everything up. Most of the times, nothing happens and the user simply has to repeat the guide again. But in some unfortunate cases, the OnePlus One device can get bricked. And fixing a bricked OnePlus One is not a lot of fun.
Again, developers have made sure to create a tool which makes it very easy to unbrick a bricked OnePlus One. The tool is called OnePlusRecovery and contains a CM11s (XNPH44S) ROM, not the usual Color OS. This makes everything easier because it skips the fastboot installation process.
The OnePlusRecovery tool is not used only to fix bricked devices. It can be used to restore a modified device to stock by unrooting it and installing stock firmware. This will restore the phone’s warranty too.
Use OnePlusRecovery Tool to Revert to Stock & Fix Bricked Devices
- Charge your phone to at least 60%.
- Download tool: OPORecoveryTool(16GB).rar & OPORecoveryTool(64GB).rar (source)
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone
Using OnePlusRecovery Tool
- Extract the tool zip file. Open the new folder.
- Find a Disc Image File called DRIVER. Right-click it and click “Extract files”.
- Open the extracted folder and execute the Setup.exe file. This will install all the required USB PC drivers for your OnePlus One so the PC can recognize it.
- Turn off your phone. Go to the extracted folder and run OnePlusRestoreTool.exe with Administrator privileges.
- Turn off your phone. Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time. The tool will recognize the phone if USB drivers have been properly installed.
- Click the Start button.
- The tool will start to install the CM11s ROM.
- When the process is over, text will turn green.
- Reboot your phone.
That is it. You have successfully unbricked or restored to stock firmware your OnePlus One.