After the release of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 firmware a few days ago, we have already seen custom ROMs based on the Note 7 GraceUX firmware for older Samsung devices such as the Galaxy S5 and Note 5. More devices will be enjoying the Note 7 GraceUX experience in the near future.
The leaked Note 7 firmware is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and provides a new redesigned launcher, file manager, music player and more. Basically, every app has been changed to an extent. While users might be disappointed that the firmware is based on Marshmallow and not on Android 7.0 Nougat, this is actually a very good news for current Samsung owners.
Because the firmware is based on Android 6.0.1, it is very easy for developers to port the Galaxy Note 7 apps and features to other Samsung phones running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Another good news is that all recent Samsung devices are running on Marshmallow.
Albe95 has taken on yet another challenge, to port the majority of Note 7’s GraceUX apps to other Samsung phones running on TouchWiz Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware and so far he has done a great job. Thanks to him, you can now transform your phone into a Note 7 by installing the official apps and high-resolution wallpapers.
Download ported Samsung Galaxy Note 7 GraceUX apps
Before you start downloading any of the apps below, you need to know two things if you don’t want to break your phone and have to factory reset it later.
- You need to be on a TouchWiz Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM. None of the apps will work if you have another custom ROM installed such as CyanogenMod.
- If you are on a ODEX stock TouchWiz ROM, then you need to delete the ARM folder, otherwise none of the apps will work.
Now that we have clarified those two things, here is a list of the devices where the ported Note 7 apps can be installed.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (with a TouchWiz S7 ROM installed)
- Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 edge
- Samsung Galaxy S7/ S7 edge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5
These are the devices where users have tested the Note 7 apps. Based on reports, most of the apps work without any issues.
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Launcher
- Download | TouchWizHome_NoteUX_Albe95_V2.zip
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 File Manager/My Files
- Download | SecMyFiles2016B_Albe95.zip
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Gallery
- Download | SecGallery2016_Albe95.zip
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Music Player
- Download | SMusicGrace_Albe95.zip
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Video Player
- Download | Zvideo_2016_Albe95.zip
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Keyboard
- Download | UX_kb_Worked_Fully.zip
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Message App
- Download | Messaging_Legacy_Statusbar-FIX_Albe95.zip
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Phone and Contacts App
- Download | Phone&Contacts_Albe95.zip
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Calculator
- Download | SecCalculator_M_Grace.apk
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Voice Recorder
- Download | VoiceNote_4.0_Task.apk
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Galaxy Apps
- Download | GalaxyApps_3xh.apk
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Clock App
- Download | ClockUX.zip
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Smart Manager App
- Download | SmartManager_v4
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 E-Mail
- Download |grace SecEmail_M fix by tn2009 v.2.zip
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 7 S Finder
- Download | grace SFinder_v5 fix by tn2009.zip
Some of these apps can be installed as simple APK files, while other apps require you to have a custom recovery (TWRP for example) installed to flash zip files. If you don’t know how to install them, check the original source page to see the method of installation for the app you want.