If you have wanted to unlock the bootloader of your Realme Pro 2, you can do so officially now. Realme smartphones, especially Realme 1 and 2 have been very successful. The first generation sold more than 400,000 devices in just 30 days in India and the second generation sold out in just 5 minutes online.
The Pro version of the second generation, the Realme 2 Pro packs great specifications for a great price. It has a 6.3″ IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 (409 pixel per inch density), Snapdragon 660 chipset with Adreno 512 GPU, 64 GB or 128 GB of internal storage, 4/6/8GB RAM (depending on the internal storage size), dual rear camera setup (16 MP & 2MP), 16 MP front-facing camera, and a 3500 mAh battery.
The Realme 2 Pro comes with Android 8.1 Oreo and ColorOS 5.2 ROM by default. If you are a power user and want to customize the phone even further or enable root, then you have to unlock the bootloader. Usually, the process of unlocking the bootloader is not possible in some phones. Luckily, the company has provided an official guide on how to unlock the bootloader on the Realme 2 Pro.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Realme 2 Pro
Please follow the warnings carefully before you proceed with the tutorial. Take note of them, otherwise, you might harm your phone by doing something wrong.
- Once you unlock your phone, all the data will be erased. Please make a backup of your important files before proceeding with the tutorial below.
- Some features such as the camera application may not work properly with third-party firmware.
- The security of your device might become compromised by installing unauthorized apps and programs.
- Custom modifications to the OS might break system functions, and might prevent you from receiving software updates.
- Make sure you have the latest software version installed.
Apply for the in-depth test on Realme 2 Pro
- Apply for the in-depth test. All you have to do is to provide your IMEI number to the company and the information will be reviewed by Realme’s staff (1 to 7 days).
- Download and install the Unlock Tool application on your phone (DeepTesting_realme-release_signed.apk).
- Open the Unlock Tool application and tap on “Start applying”. Agree to the terms and conditions page and tap on “Submit application”.
- The information will be checked by the servers and within one hour, the app will show “Review successful”.
Also, download and install the proper ADB and fastboot drivers on your computer before proceeding with the tutorial below.
How To Unlock Bootloader on RealMe 2 Pro
- Open the Unlock Tool application and tap on “Start the in-depth test”. Reboot your phone to go into fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open a fastboot command and enter the following line:
fastboot flashing unlock
- A warning screen will appear. Use the volume buttons to select “Unlock the bootloader” and press the power button to confirm.
- The phone will begin with the in-depth test mode. This part will erase all data on your phone and will unlock the bootloader.
When the in-depth test mode is done, reboot your phone. Congratulations! Now the bootloader of your Realme 2 Pro is unlocked. You can root your phone, install a custom recovery and much more.