Learn how to install official Samsung firmwares on the Samsung Galaxy S5 using Odin3. Odin3 is one of the most used tools for Samsung devices because it is the best and fastest way to install firmwares and kernels. It is the safest tool and chances to brick the phone are small.
Something like that can happen only if you don’t carefully follow the instructions. The Samsung Galaxy S5 is still considered as a new device to the market yet the support for the device is getting bigger and bigger everyday. There are custom ROMs and root methods available already.
Also Read: How To Calibrate Samsung Galaxy S5 Battery
Installing an official firmware on the Samsung Galaxy S5 will remove all signs of root and will restore it to the factory settings. It will basically make the phone like new software-wise.
– Odin3 Samsung tool (link)
– At least 70% battery left
How to install Samsung Galaxy S5 Official Firmware and Kernel
1. Turn your phone off and boot into Download Mode (Volume Down + Home + Power) and press the Volume Up button only one time.
2. Open ODIN3 tool and connect your phone to your PC.
3. Click PDA on ODIN and select the downloaded firmware and click Start.
4. Leave the phone alone as the process will last for around 5 minutes.
5. Boot your phone into Recovery and wipe data and factory reset.
That is it. Now you Samsung Galaxy S5 has stock official firmware and it is like a new device. This also fixes any possible problem your phone might have.