I remember when I bought the Galaxy S2 back in April 2011 and it had Android 3.3.5 Gingerbread firmware.Then it got ICS update in March 2012.
And the Samsung’s 2011 Android flagship device is still one of the best devices on the market for the price.But it is going to be even better know that Samsung has started to roll out Jelly Bean update for the S2.
You can get the update either over the air or via Samsung Kies. Here is a quick list of the new features:
– Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
– Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
– TouchWiz Nature UX
– Samsung’s S Cloud services
– Improved Camera features
– New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
– New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
– New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
– 2 Home screen modes
– New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
– Google Now
Official Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K