Learn how to download and install Pixel Extended ROM on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro (tulip). Pixel Extended is a custom ROM based on the latest Android 11 update. The ROM is created and maintained by Niteshkumar2k and is available on a number of Android phones. Now, the ROM is also available on the Xiaomi Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Pixel Extended ROM, or PEX, is a custom ROM that delivers everything that a stock Pixel Experience offers, with some additional features. It has all the stock features plus a number of handpicked features by the development team. Besides a new number, Android 11 comes with lots of features and optimizations. For example, a new feature called Bubbles allows users to chat while multitasking. You can pin conversations which will appear on top of other screens and pages, so you can easily keep the conversation going. Furthermore, there’s a built-in screen recording, smart replies, device controls, media controls, and much more.
You can enjoy the latest and greatest features of Android 11 on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro by installing the Pixel Extended ROM. Follow the tutorial below to learn how to do so. We have provided all the required files that you need to download.
How To Install Pixel Extended 4.0 Android 11 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Backup everything on your phone before you do anything. A factory reset is always recommended when installing a new ROM, especially if the old ROM is not the same as the old one.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%. In case something goes wrong and the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off due to a low battery.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. TWRP is the recommended recovery for ROM installation.
- Pixel Extended ROM (source):
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro (tulip): PixelExtended_tulip-11-20201012-1610-OFFICIAL.zip
- Android 11 Gapps (Download)
Note: Gapps are already included in this ROM. You don’t have to download another package.
Steps to install Android 11 ROM (Pixel Extended) on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Download all the necessary files and transfer them to the internal storage of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Remove the lock screen PIN or password if you have one.
- Press and hold the power button. Tap on power off to turn off the phone.
- Hold and press the volume down + power buttons at the same time. Release them when the screen turns on. The phone will go into recovery mode.
- Before you flash the ROM, you need to wipe data. To do so, tap on Wipe and then choose Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik / ART cache, System, Vendor and Data. Swipe to wipe.
- After wiping the data on your phone, tap on Install. and select the downloaded Pixel Extended file. Swipe to flash. Wait for the ROM to be installed.
- Reboot your phone after you have performed everything above.
That is all you need to do to install Pixel Extended ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro. Additionally, you can enable root access with Magisk.