Learn how to download and install PixysOS ROM on the Poco X3 NFC (surya). PixysOS is a custom ROM based on the latest Android 11 update. The ROM is created and maintained by mahajant99 and is available on a number of Android phones. Now, the ROM is also available on the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC.
PixysOS ROM is an aftermarket Android firmware based on Android 11. It has all the stock features plus a number of handpicked features by the development team. Besides a new number, Android 11 comes with lots of features and optimizations. For example, a new feature called Bubbles allows users to chat while multitasking. You can pin conversations which will appear on top of other screens and pages, so you can easily keep the conversation going. Furthermore, there’s a built-in screen recording, smart replies, device controls, media controls, and much more.
You can enjoy the latest and greatest features of Android 11 on your Poco X3 NFC by installing the PixysOS ROM. Follow the tutorial below to learn how to do so. We have provided all the required files that you need to download.
How To Install PixysOS 4.0 Android 11 ROM on Poco X3 NFC
- Backup everything on your phone before you do anything. A factory reset is always recommended when installing a new ROM, especially if the old ROM is not the same as the old one.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%. In case something goes wrong and the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off due to a low battery.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. TWRP is the recommended recovery for ROM installation.
- PixysOS ROM (source):
- Poco X3 NFC (surya): PixysOS-v4.0.1-surya-BETA-20201015-212735.zip
- Android 11 Gapps (Download)
Steps to install Android 11 ROM (PixysOS) on Poco X3 NFC
- Download all the necessary files and transfer them to the internal storage of your Poco X3 NFC.
- Remove the lock screen PIN or password if you have one.
- Press and hold the power button. Tap on power off to turn off the phone.
- Hold and press the volume down + power buttons at the same time. Release them when the screen turns on. The phone will go into recovery mode.
- Before you flash the ROM, you need to wipe data. To do so, tap on Wipe and then choose Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik / ART cache, System, Vendor and Data. Swipe to wipe.
- After wiping the data on your phone, tap on Install. and select the downloaded PixysOS file. Swipe to flash. Wait for the ROM to be installed.
- After the ROM is installed, tap on Install once again. This time, select the Android 11 Gapps package. Again, swipe right to install.
- Reboot your phone after you have performed everything above.
That is all you need to do to install PixysOS ROM on your Poco X3 NFC. If you go to the app drawer, you will also see apps such as YouTube, Google Maps, and Google Play Services, thanks to the Google Apps package that you installed. If you have any questions, leave a comment below. Additionally, you can enable root access with Magisk.