Samsung is working on the new Android 9.0 Pie update for its flagship devices, namely the Galaxy S9, S8, and the Note series. Not long ago, the first Pie firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S9+ got leaked and you could install it on your phone right away. Samsung has been working behind the scenes to provide the official update to its phones ever since, even though there have been no official releases just yet.
The new 9.0 Pie firmware for Galaxy devices is based on Samsung’s TouchWiz UI, also known as Samsung Experience 10. The new UI brings a lot of new design changes. Samsung has switched from the traditional look on Oreo to a user interface based on white cards. The corners are rounded and the navigation bar design has changed as well.
The good news is that you do not have to wait for the official Pie update to enjoy Samsung Experience 10 on your phone. You can install the theme on your phone running on 8.0 Oreo, even if you do not have the Pie update.
How To Install Pie Theme on Samsung Galaxy Phones
There are two variants of the theme that you can install on your phone. There is the standard day theme and as well as night theme. The latter is perfect for those who want a black background instead of a white one. A dark background saves battery because OLED pixels are turned off when the image is black.
- Pie Theme for Samsung Galaxy (Light) | envDAY_ThemeV2.apk | Mirror
- Pie Theme for Samsung Galaxy (Dark) | envNight_ThemeV3.apk | Mirror
Note: This has been optimized to work on the Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ and S8/S8+, but it should work on the Note 9 and Note 8 too, as long as they have a stock TouchWiz Oreo firmware.
- Download the theme file and move it over to your phone’s internal storage.
- Tap on the file to install it. If the phone gives you an error, then you need to enable Unknown Sources to install the file.
- Once the theme is installed, go to your phone’s home screen and pinch out. Tap on “Themes”. The theme menu will open.
- Scroll all the way up until you find “My Themes”. You will find the newly installed theme there.
- Tap on the theme and select “Apply Trial”. Even though it says trial, it is the full version.
Restart your phone and you will be ready to go. You can install both the dark and the light theme and switch according to your needs. If you want to go back to the original theme, simply go to the theme panel again and enable the stock user interface.