Follow this guide to learn how to unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus Nord N100. Most modern Android phones come with locked bootloaders, which make it difficult to install custom ROMs, mods, kernels, or even enable root with Magisk. Thankfully, the OnePlus Nord N100 bootloader can be unlocked in a few simple steps.
The OnePlus Nord N100 is one of the best phones the company has ever produced. It has good specifications and a reasonable price. One of the biggest selling points of the OnePlus Nord N100 is its development community. OnePlus phones have development-friendly, and Nord N100 is no different.
A locked bootloader is the barrier that prohibits users to modify the software of their devices. Luckily, the bootloader on the OnePlus Nord N100 can be easily unlocked. Once that has been done, users can then go ahead and root the phone, install Magisk, and install custom ROMs.
How To Unlock OnePlus Nord N100 Bootloader
A bootloader is an important piece of code that runs before the operating system. It gives instructions to the phone on how to boot up and how to find the system kernel. In other words, your phone, and in this case, the OnePlus Nord N100, cannot boot up without a bootloader.
For security purposes, OEMs lock the bootloader beforehand. This makes the device more secure and less susceptible to manipulation. However, this also makes it impossible for consumers to flash ROMs and custom mods. As a result, the bootloader needs to be unlocked to make any manipulations to the firmware.
- Download and install USB and ADB drivers for OnePlus Nord N100.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging. This will allow the computer to communicate with your phone.
- Backup everything on your phone if you don’t want to lose your data.
Steps to unlock the bootloader on the OnePlus Nord N100
- Unlock your phone and open the Settings menu.
- Go to System -> Developer Options. You will see a list of special options.
- Find the following option: “OEM unlocking. Allow the bootloader to be unlocked”.
- Tap on the toggle to enable OEM unlocking.
- Press and hold the power button. Tap on Power off to turn off the phone.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open CMD/Powershell on your computer, and enter the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now enter the following command to check if the phone is communicating correctly with the computer:
fastboot flashing unlock
- The screen of the phone will give you two options once you run the unlocking command. Choose Unlock the bootloader.
- Press the Power button to confirm your selection.
That is it. You have just unlocked the bootloader on your OnePlus Nord N100. When the phone boots up, you will get a warning that the bootloader is unlocked. That means the commands were successful. Now you can root your phone with Magisk and install custom ROMs.