The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has officially received a working TWRP custom recovery. Owners of the newly released Galaxy Note 7 can now install a custom recovery on their phablets. Every time a new popular Android phone gets released, developers over at TeamWin try to create a TWRP variant for the phone as soon as possible. And they didn’t waste any time with the Galaxy Note 7.
TWRP is the most popular custom recovery for Android phones and now you can install it on your phone. With TWRP, you can do so much more with your Note 7. A custom recovery gives you the ability to install custom ROMs, kernels, add root access, modify system files and much more.
Installing TWRP on the Galaxy Note 7 is generally easy, especially if you have previosuly used Odin, the popular flashing tool. Essentially, you need to download the right TWRP .tar image for your Note 7 and flash it using Odin. If you know how to use Odin, this might be enough for you. However, below you will find a detailed guide on how to install TWRP on the Galaxy Note 7 using Odin.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Exynos Galaxy Note 7
Enable OEM Unlock: If you don’t enable this option, this tutorial won’t work. To enable this option, go to Settings > Developer Options and tap on OEM Unlock.
Use working USB cable: Make sure you use an original or high-quality USB cable with this tutorial. While your computer might recognize you phone, Odin might not.
USB drivers: You need to install the correct USB drivers for the Galaxy Note 7 in order to flash the recovery using Odin. Without drivers, Odin won’t be able to recognize the phone.
- Download TWRP for SM-N930F, SM-N930FD
Download | twrp-3.0.2-0-gracelte.img.tar
- Download TWRP for SM-N930K, SM-N930L, SM-N930S
Download | twrp-3.0.2-0-graceltekor.img.tar
How To Install
- Firstly, make sure you have installed the correct USB drivers. You should install drivers before you do anything else, otherwise this tutorial will not work.
- Download the DM-Verify package and transfer it to your phone’s memory as you will need to flash it once the recovery is installed, otherwise the phone won’t boot up.
- You need to take your phone and press the power button to power it off. Once the phone is off, press the volume down, home and power buttons to boot the phone into download mode. Once the screen turns blue, press the volume up key one more. This will put the phone into download mode.
- Grab your phone’s USB cable and connect one end to your phone and the other end to your computer.
- Launch Odin on your computer. Click on AP and select the downloaded .tar file. This is the recovery file.
- If Odin recognizes the phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. This means you are good to go.
- Also, make sure that Auto Reboot is not checked. This options automatically turns the phone on after the installation process. However, we don’t want this as we need to flash the DM-Verify file.
- Click the start button and wait. Odin will begin installing the recovery.
- Once the recovery is installed, press the volume up, home and power keys. This will boot your phone into recovery mode.
- There, go to Install and choose the DM-Verify zip file. Swipe to flash the package.
- Once the package has been installed, you can successfully reboot your phone.
That is all you have to do. Enjoy your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with TWRP custom recovery installed. If you experience any problems, let us know below and we will help you.