Finally, the OnePlus team has released the official OxygenOS ROM for all OnePlus One users. The new OxygenOS ROM is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and is a huge improvement over the old ROM that this device has been running.
According to OnePlus, the new OxygenOS ROM brings a whole new experience to the user, introducing new gestures, customization possibilities and redesigned quick settings. Out of the box, OxygenOS comes with screen-off gestures like double-tap to wake, music controls and shortcut icons for the flashlight and camera app.
You can customize the lock screen wallpaper as well as choose between software and hardware navigation keys for better use of the phone. The Quick Settings has been redesigned and new tiles can be added or removed.
OnePlus has released the OxygenOS ROM to the public and every OnePlus One user can download and flash the ROM. If have been looking forward this ROM, read the detailed guide below to learn how to install the OxygenROM on your phone.
How To Install OxygenOS ROM Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM on OnePlus One
You need a few things before proceeding to the installation process of the ROM.
Note: This is a risky process that can damage your phone. Please follow the instructions carefully.
You need a custom recovery installed. TWRP is preferred. Follow this guide how to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus One.
Download OxygenOS ROM: oxygenos_1.0.0.zip.
Install OnePlus One USB drivers.
Installing OxygenOS ROM on OnePlus One
- Download the ROM zip file from the link above. If the file is downloaded on your PC, connect your phone using a USB cable and transfer the ROM.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Turn the phone off by pressing the power button.
- Now you need to boot into recovery mode. You can do so by holding the power button and volume down key at the same time.
- Now that you are inside recovery mode, you need to perform a factory reset. It is also recommended to make a full backup.
- Go to “Install” and select “oxygenos_1.0.0.flashable.zip”.
This will begin the installation process of the ROM. Enjoy OxygenOS Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM on your OnePlus One.